Tutorials

Saturday 31 December 2016

Makes of 2016

Looking at what I've made during 2016 brings to mind that everything is relative. Compared with lots or you prolific quilter and sewers out there it might look quite measly,  but considering that last year I produced practically nothing, I'm rather pleased with myself!


I also set myself a couple of goals at the end of last year. Let's take a look at what they were and how I did. In 2016 I wanted:
1. be a better blogger!!
2. finish some UFOs, in particular The Aunt's Quilt
3. make a big effort to find a quilt group as I found that I really need the inspiration of other quilters to keep me going.

I've done well with 2 and 3 as I did indeed finish The Aunts' Quilt (top) and I found a quilt group. I've been extremely lucky that two of my friends from Singapore have recently moved to Basel and we've started to meet on a regular basis. In the meantime another lady has also joined us which is fantastic. Of course we are hoping that we can recruit a few more, but I'm not complaining. I just love the camaraderie, the inspiration and of course the shared laughs.  Regarding becoming a better blogger; well I still have to work on that, but there's always next year, right?

We have been in Singapore over Christmas, enjoying all the familiar sights and sounds and of course the food and seeing old friends! Now we are in Bali for a month, trying to find out if the Bali life style suits us, at least part time. The jury is still out ;)!


Sun set over the rice fields from our villa yesterday evening.


I wish everyone a Happy, Healthy and most importantly a content 2017!
Vreni xx

12 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely makes Vreni! Wishing you a happy and peaceful 2017!

Cattinka said...

Ich finde was Du in 2016 gemacht hast kanns ich durchaus ALLES sehen lassen. Es kommt ja nicht darauf an wie viel Du fertig machst, sondern dass Du Spaß dabei hast!
Ich wünsch Dir Alles Gute fürs neue Jahr!
LG
KATRIN W.

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Beautiful makes.
Wishing you a happy New Year.
Marja
🎆🎇❇✨

LintLady said...

Liebe Vreni,
auch wenn wir dieses Jahr weniger geschafft haben, als erwünscht, soll es doch unser Hobby bleiben und Spaß machen.
Ich wünsche dir ein schönes neues Jahr, bleib gesund und alle deine Wünsche sollen in Erfüllung gehen.
Ganz herzliche Grüße
Doris :o)

Geckoboxes said...

Wishing you and your family a very good 2017 and that you will enjoy every day of it, no matter what you will decide for the near future? XH

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Happy New Year Vreni. How lovely that other friends from Singapore have moved to Switzerland too. I do think belonging to a group,provides a lot of encouragement. Best wishes for 2017.

pandchintz said...

Great makes! So pleased you've found a quilting group - nothing nice than spending a stitching day with friends. Happy near year and best wishes for 2017!

Radka said...

Happy New Year, Vreni, and lots of creative spirit in 2017!
xx

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

As much travel as you do, I'm surprised you got so much done. Lots of nice finishes.

Thimbleanna said...

Well, you were more productive than me this year! And such beautiful projects (I LOVE your Swiss Quilt -- and, of course, I'm attached to The Aunts' Quilt LOL) And Bali? How exotic!!!

Shirley said...

You were much more prolific than me Vreni and you have some lovely projects there. Here is to a good 2017.xx

Lynda's Quilts said...

All very beautiful! I got a new computer and haven't been able to work things out yet but my daughter came over last night and helped me get back into everything for my blog. I have missed seeing what others have been doing. Have a great and productive 2017.